Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dogs and exercise...

are normally a pretty good combination in my opinion. You get to get a workout in while spending quality time with the fur babies who also are getting their exercise, how could it go wrong? Let me show you how it can:


+


=

TROUBLE!

Don't let them fool you! They may be all cute and adorable but it's all an act. I've taken them for walks around other places we lived and they were fine. Today was a whole different story. They wouldn't listen to me at all. It only ended up being a 10 minute walk today because of their behavior but at least it was something. It wasn't a slow walk, it was a brisk pace and I worked up a little bit of a sweat. I wasn't pouring buckets of sweat, but hey, at least there was some and I could tell my heart rate was up. That could be due to me getting irritated with my pups though lol….kidding. 

I think that another factor was that I decided to do it at noon so it wasn't a cooler part of the day and that's really when I believe it would be best to walk them. They were panting horribly when we got back to the house…you would've thought that they had been running around for a half hour or so. I'm also thinking that this will be more successful if we take them to the track near us so I'm hoping to be able to do that by Monday at the latest. I may attempt to walk them around the subdivision tomorrow but not in the middle of the day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment