Sunday, March 18, 2012

Also slacking!!

My little girl is sooooo much like her father! lol

It took me a long time to finally find what I really wanted to do and to find the person I really wanted to spend all my time with. I'm in my 16th year with my loving wife (Keri), along with our daughter Katie (13), and of course, Jenn. Longer than both my previous marriages combined.  I'm also in my 13th year as a sportswriter at the Cortland Standard newspaper. Twice as long as I've held any other job.  I did both of these things after turning 35 so Jenn, you still have time to find your true path (hee hee). I know you're headed that way with Rob and with all the hard work you're doing with college.

I understand the time to find to working out is hard. I've been in the same boat. I was in Albany for two days three weeks ago covering the state wrestling finals while also covering sectional volleyball in Syracuse. One week later, in Binghamton covering sectional basketball action. Tougher to eat right being on the road so much, but I've did do better than previous road trips. The traveling did allow me to get some more workout type clothes so the trips were a positive in that direction.

I did get a membership at the YMCA here in Cortland as well. Looking to do some lap-walking for starters in the pool starting Tuesday. Will try that once or twice a week with at least one trip to the equipment room (maybe two depending on the pool) for a total of three days a week. This is a man with no stamina right now so I need to start slow and survive to begin with, plus the lap times at the pool are only from 5:30-9 a.m. in the morning and I still have to be to work by 6:30. It means getting up earlier in the morning and going to bed earlier at night even though I still cover things at 7 p.m. some nights during the high school sports season. It just needs to be done. It's all because I need to be there for Keri, who is not in the best of health physically, and for my daughters here in New York and Tennessee. I love them all so much and need to be the person that can turn to for a long time.

I knew this blog would be a good idea when Jenn asked to start and I think it will pick up as we both get more active in the working out phase and get things into a better routine.

Jenn, I know we've been talking and things have been rough, but I also know things are going to get better. In fact, they have already gotten better. You're stubborn like your old man, but you're also very loving like your old man. It took us some time to discover that with each other and it has only helped us become closer now. You're setting your course that you want with the man you love. That's more than half the battle. It's time we wage our little battle even though we are in different states so that we make our families proud and become even better people for them. I hope you're ready because your old man wants to kick your exercise butt.

I love you!

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment