Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday is pool day!!!!

After passing up on my Thursday workout time due to some unforeseen circumstances, it was hard to believe that I was back at the YMCA at 8 a.m. for another one-hour pool walk this (Sunday) morning. It was actually fun, but weird at the same time.

I was battling a sore right shin, which doesn't outside the pool, but hurt in the pool. Still did 55 full laps (wall to middle of pool and back or 110 half-lengths, roughly 1,325 yards). I could have done 60 laps if I didn't get cocky the very first thing.

I was on the swim team my senior year of high school. Well, I got to my turnaround point and thought, I can swim that short distance. OMG!!!!!!! I am so out of shape. That swim into the deep end and back to the 5-feet mark felt like 500 yards. I thought I was going to die, but I survived. It cut down the number of walking laps in my first 15-minute segment. I can do roughly 15 full walking laps (25 yards each) and my 15-20 deep knee bends in a 15-minute segment. That translates to 60 walking laps or 1,600 yards or 0.9 miles, not bad for an out-of-shape overweight papa. I may have to rethink the walking-swimming combo in two months, maybe not. I should be walking more, so maybe I'll still be able to. Anyways, it felt good to have two pool walking sections in less than a week.

Now I need to get my younger daughter (Katie) to get out of bed with me on Sundays. She just growled and rolled over this morning after telling me she wanted to go yesterday. Damn teenagers anyways! I still love her though.

Well, I guess that's it for now! I'll go for another update Tuesday after another pool session.

Bye for now! Love ya Jenn!!

2 comments:

  1. I've decided you're now Papa T! And yes, Katie needs to start getting up with you and going to workout too! She's an athlete and wants to stay in the sports programs, and doing this would definitely help her out!

    Of course, your older daughter needs to start going again too….hmmmm….Rob said he was going to make me start going again too lol. I do want to go back too, I really do miss it and the feeling you get after a good workout.

    I definitely need to hurry up, Papa T is making me look bad!

    Love you Papa T!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom:

    Great job on the Sunday workout. Holy mackeral. How'd you do Tuesday?

    Katie next door

    ReplyDelete