Sunday, April 1, 2012

Good Day and Sick Day

Sorry for a week between posts, but the high school season is back in full swing so I'm been busy.

Tuesday was a good day in the pool. I gave up speed for distance. As I said last time I did 55 laps or 1,500 yards. I knew 60 laps would be 1,600 yards (0.9 miles). I decided so I only needed six more laps (150 yards) to reach 1, 730 yards or one mile. I pushed for the 66 mark, (actually 1,750 yards) and it was bothering that right shin again so I slowed down a little. I figured, for now, that the one-mile mark was better than the one hour mark. It only took 10 more minutes because I pushed that first segment, trying to do 17 laps in 15 minutes. Will pace myself better next time, but the goal will now be get the one mile down to the one hour limit.

The best part of Tuesday's pool walk was having one of my inspirations with me. Keri came and sat by the pool while I was walking. It was nice to have her there and having her support. She means so much to me and one of the reasons I'm undertaking the project with Jenn. It was also nice (?) to have her pick on me because my legs were sore because I was almost power-walking to cram those extra laps in the 15-minute window. They really hurt, but they felt better a day later. I also talked to Jenn and my mom later in the morning. They were proud of me as well. My mom has been on me about my weight to so she was really happy that I'm doing this. She was surprised I was up to a mile, but she said that really good. She told dad and they both want me to keep it up.

That was Tuesday. A good day and a nice milestone.

I woke up Sunday (today) and was sick so I didn't go to the pool. I feel bad about it because I enjoy my time there. I've been adjusting my bedtime to get a better sleep routine, but I've still been tired and the cold weather that I sat in to cover games for two days certainly wore me down. I did wake up, but I just couldn't shake the sick feeling so I went back to bed and actually slept two more hours. Good in the long run, but I still miss my pool time. Can't wait for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment