Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Update Time!

So things have changed a little since the last entry I posted, but it's all good! First of all, Rob and I decided to do the Couch-to-5K on our lunch breaks instead of at night and we have another person at work who is going to join us! We decided to start yesterday and yeah, so not happening. But that's not a bad thing. We're going to walk everyday for the next week and decide on Monday if it's a go. If not, we'll walk for another week straight and then that following Monday we should be all good. Also, since the C25K is only 3 days a week, which for us would be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; we decided that on our off days, we're going to walk for a half hour as well. Unfortunately, due to some unforeseen circumstances with our lunch breaks today, we weren't able to go for our walk. :(
But! We will tomorrow, so yaaaaaayyyyyyyy!

As for eating better, we have started the process and we're only on like day 3, but we're loving it and I have pictures to go along with what we've started! I'm a dork, what can I say. :-P

Sunday

This was our first day of being more careful of what we were eating and everything, and of course I just didn't know what to make for lunch, so we decided to order from Jimmy John's. I'm not sure if NY has a Jimmy John's but they soooo should! They make gourmet sandwiches and they're just delicious. Here's the link if anyone wants to check out their menu: http://www.jimmyjohns.com/

Anyways, I decided to go with the Club Tuna on 7 grain bread and added some avocado. You of course have to add a pickle to the side, which are huge!


Monday

For lunch on Monday we just decided to take leftovers from Sunday night's dinner which was chicken, mac & cheese and corn. They were all really small portions, so I was surprised when I couldn't even finish my piece of chicken for lunch! I'm hoping that means that this is working. I do have granola bars twice a day however. Once for a morning snack and then again for an afternoon snack. We did have BK for breakfast since we were running late, but at least I only had a chicken biscuit. Btw, chicken biscuits and biscuits and gravy have become my weakness for breakfast since moving to the south. 

Anyways…since I hadn't taken any meat or chicken out of the freezer to thaw out while we were at work, we had no idea what we really wanted for dinner besides salad. After wandering around the store for what seemed like forever, we decided to try turkey burgers! We also decided to add chives, onion and radishes to our salad along with the usual tomatoes, carrots and cucumber; and try a new low calorie salad dressing. 



This dressing only has 40 calories and is now my favorite. 


Yes, that's the rest of my pickle from the day before lol. It may not look it, but that burger is huge! (Side note: I just realized I've said huge a lot during this post…hmmm.)

Turkey burgers are very filling in case you didn't know. Ours were also seasoned already, and it was a sweet onion flavor. They also came pre-packaged which was convenient, but we do want to experiment and try our own versions using regular ground turkey meat where you have to form the patties on your own. If you're wanting to try the sweet onion ones though, they're from Butterball. Jenni-O makes them too but I'm not sure of their flavors. Also, Jenni-O's were like $2 more! Of course, because I remember Dolvett from The Biggest Loser talk about Jenni-O's a week or two ago, I wanted to try them, but the hubby didn't think that it was a valid reason. -_-

We did make an extra 2 burgers last night so that we would have a good lunch today, and that paired with a couple apple slices…not only delicious, but filling again! 

Today we decided to do a simple breakfast with bagels and melons. I love everything bagels with chive & onion cream cheese, and I'm not giving that up lol. The melons were watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew. It was part of a melon trio package from the store. So to me, that was a pretty good breakfast. And like I said, we had leftover turkey burgers and apple slices for lunch, so it's been good so far today.

We did decide that for dinner tonight we wanted to try ground turkey in our spaghetti sauce instead of regular ground beef; and also turkey Italian sausages instead of regular pork sausage. I tried some of the sauce a few minutes ago and it is better than regular ground beef! We did get the Italian seasoned ground turkey since it has a label that said it was best for pasta and stuff like that. It definitely has a little kick to it…yum! Rob can't go without garlic bread when we have pasta, which I admit, I love it too, but I wanted to of course try something a little healthier in that aspect. We ended up getting Texas Toast's Garlic Knots (they remind me of the garlic knots from Gino & Joe's back home…sigh), and I only won that one because they're 30 calories less than the regular garlic bread. 

I promise I won't always post pictures of what I ate, unless it's something new I've tried or something like that lol.

As for Papa T…my dad is kicking ass! I'm so proud of him!!!! It has been hard with the loss of my grandfather, but I'm so proud that my dad has channeled his emotions into the gym instead of food. We're both emotional eaters, so this is a big thing for us. Keep up the awesome work daddy, I love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment