Sunday, May 13, 2012

And Another One….

Another pound that is…go me! I'm pretty sure it would be less, but mother nature decided to be cruel by making me bloated and retaining water. Not to disclose TMI, so I'm sure y'all know what it means. I wouldn't put that in there normally but giving the fact that my number is probably lower I had to put why; plus, all the cravings I usually get for salty, sweet and fried foods, I've not giving into and I'm damn proud of myself for that! So going just by what the scale says however, I've lost 8 lbs total! Like I said in a previous post, I can see it in certain areas, but Rob said you can definitely see it in my face now too. :-D

On Friday I decided to cancel my membership to the Y for a couple of reasons. One, I wasn't going anymore and after being charged last month for nothing I decided I needed to either start going or cancel. Two, we received a flyer in the mail that Planet Fitness was opening near our house! I know they've had one in North Syracuse, but I don't believe it was there when I was, or I just didn't care lol. Anyways, since everyone knows what a fan I am of The Biggest Loser, I was beyond excited! I love their philosophy of being judgement free and no lunkheads. I can say that at The Rush there are people who do  and are both of those. The staff gives judging looks and their are members who throw their weights and grunt and yell and it's like, really? I'm not saying All staff and members are like that, because there are good people of each, but the more I started going there, the more I noticed it and it made me feel uncomfortable. Anyways, on top of that, our Planet Fitness is going to have 45 treadmills, 24 elliptical, some other equipment they mentioned and I can only remember something about arc trainers. They also have a 30 minute circuit area which has a red and green light to tell you when to stop and go, and I believe they'll have a 12 minute ab center. I'm not completely sure about the ab center, but I'm hoping so!

There are two different memberships, either $10/month with no contract or $19.99/month with a contract and some extra features. The extra $9.99 a month is worth it for us, so that's what we went with. Now, we could've just done one membership but we decided to each get one so we could both take advantage of the extras. You do get unlimited tanning and red light therapy. Now, I'm not about tanning anymore, but the red light therapy is interesting to me so I'm going to have to try it. It's supposed to rejuvenate your skin, do something with the collagen in it, help clear acne and reduce fine lines, wrinkles and blah blah blah. Also with the PF Black Card, you get to use the massage chairs, get 50% off cooler drinks, go to any Planet Fitness in the U.S, and you can bring a guest an unlimited amount of times. Which for us, was a big selling point. When we get Austin he likes to go workout with us, so now he can. The Rush lets you bring a guest but it's limited how many times you can bring them, with Planet Fitness, there is no limit. The only thing that sucks is it won't be open until mid-June. We took advantage of the pre-sale however. We each only had to pay $1 to enroll, and the annual fee that comes with all wonderful gym contracts, won't apply to us until NEXT June. Since they won't be open till halfway through the month they didn't charge us the annual fee. This also made sense because it's cheaper than us having a membership at The Rush, and it's only $8 more than what I was paying at the Y. Meaning for $8 more we both can go. It would be between $60-75 for us both to go to the Y.

I know my Dad mentioned in his post that he had hoped to get me to go workout with him, but due to time constraints and everything, a father-daughter workout just isn't doable. It sucks, and we talked about it last night, but he understands that I have to cram a week worth of visits into 2 days, and one of those days is my grandfather's memorial so I have one day afterwards to get some visits in. Only 12 more days till NY! I'm sad about the main reason, but I'm happy to see friends and family that I haven't since I moved. :-)

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there…human or furry! :-D




No comments:

Post a Comment