Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bummed out!

As my daughter said, I'm laid up for a few days with a bad foot. Not sure if it was a blister that ulcerated or what, but I woke up in the middle of the night (Thursday morning) and couldn't step on it to walk. Went to the doctor that afternoon. She had me get an x-ray, didn't see anything except a small hole (hence the x-ray to see if I stepped on something), put me on antibiotics and rest until Monday. Also, soaking foot three times a day. This means no pool Sunday or Tuesday until I see the doctor again Tuesday afternoon. Bummer!! I love my pool time!!!

As for my workouts, I am sticking to the mile and one-quarter distance for now, but cut back from five 17 and 16 laps segments to four 21-lap segments. Still doing the 20 squats in between each segment, but also doing some leg stretches as well. Those really help my lower back and calves feel better while walking in the pool. I know I am making progress because my face does look thinner to me and my waist must be getting smaller because my pants have really gotten bigger and the waist of my pants are above my stomach and not below. Yipee!!! Eventually, I should be able to weight myself again to see how my weight loss is going. I am feeling better physically about that.

I am getting nervous because two weeks from today we will be holding a memorial service for my Dad, one day after what would have been his 90th birthday. Lots of emotions between then and now. I am happy that Jenn and Rob will be here so I will get to see my little girl for a couple of days. Maybe I can get her in my pool during her visit. LOL!!!!

Well, I'll say goodbye for now. Will update on the foot after my doctor's visit. Love ya Jenn!

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment