Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pool Day

Due to sleeping in later than planned, having to run some errands, and me having school tonight and Rob working, we decided to skip the gym and have a workout in the pool!



I honestly have to say that my muscles can feel it, even if it was just an hour doing various things. We didn't have a set routine or anything like that. I walked a couple laps, did some jumping jacks and squats (in the shallow end, because in 5' section I'm on my tip-toes--hush) and really just did a lot of swimming.

I am disappointed that I wasn't able to get to the gym today, but I'm no longer beating myself up over it. One of the posts I read on the Undressed Skeleton blog recently was about even if you can't get a regular workout or a workout at the gym in for the day, you can find other ways to "workout" and it's all better than just sitting around and doing nothing. I completely agree! I still even felt that rush and happiness that I get from a gym workout after I was done in the pool.



Even so, as much as I liked having my workout in the pool today, and can feel the burn in my muscles, I still do prefer the gym. However, if for some reason I'm not able to make it for some reason, I will make sure to find another way to workout for the day. Still, I am very excited about Friday and getting to do another day of the Couch-to-5k program!!!

There's a couple of projects I'm thinking of starting too, but I don't want to say anything about either of them yet since I've just decided about them today. Xen, I'll send you a message about them since I have a feeling you'll be interested and I'd like to get your input on them. Everyone else, I'm sorry, but you'll just have to wait a little while longer.

Speaking of waiting, my friend was talking about starting up Weight Watchers again, and since I've never gone I'm not too sure how I feel about it. I know quite a few people who have had great success with it. But, at the same time, I figure working out and changing my diet and everything is kind of the same thing, and I don't have to pay anyone to do it. If anyone has any insight on WW, please let me know. I don't want to discredit something that I've never really participated in.

No comments:

Post a Comment